A watch is a precision instrument made up of many of tiny parts, and is subjected to many mechanical and environmental effects. While our watches are of high quality and durable, we should take care of “care and maintenance” advices. It must be operated correctly and serviced regularly to maintain its performance, reliability and appearance.
You have an option to care for your watch to ensure that it gives you satisfaction for as long as you own it. If you follow usage and maintenance advice you can maintain its performance, reliability and appearance.
1-For metal bracelets and for all water-resistant cases, regularly use a toothbrush with soapy tap water and a soft cloth for drying.
2- Swimming in the sea: Always rinse your watch with warm tap water afterwards. This will prevent your watch from corrosion of salt.
Leather Strap Maintenance
We recommend that you follow the steps below in order to preserve the condition of your leather strap as long as possible:
1. Avoid contact with water and dampness to prevent discoloration and deformation.
2. Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight to prevent the colour from fading.
3. Do not forget that leather is permeable! Therefore avoid contact with greasy substances and cosmetic products. It is not advisable to clean your strap with leather cleaners.
4. If you have a problem with your leather strap, please contact nearest authorized dealers.
Water resistance: A watch’s water resistance cannot be permanently guaranteed. It may be affected by the ageing of gaskets or by an accidental shock to one of the components assuring the water resistance such as crown, pushers and crystal. As stipulated in our service instructions, we recommend you to have the water resistance of your watch checked once a year by an approved technical service centre.
Temperatures: Avoid extreme temperatures (above 60C, or 140F, below 0C, or 32F) or extreme temperature changes. Hot water may affect your watch.
Shocks: Your watch will not be affected by light shocks. But it must be specified that heavy shocks such as accidental knocks should be avoided.
Screw in crown: screw it in carefully to ensure that no water enters the mechanism. This will cause your watch to lose its warranty.
Magnetic Fields: We recommend that you avoid exposing it to powerful magnetic fields such as: loudspeakers, refrigerators, certain handbag clasps, iPad cases etc.
Chemical Products: Avoid direct contact with solvents, detergents, perfumes, cosmetic products etc., since they may damage the bracelet, the case or the gaskets. This will cause your watch to lose its warranty.
Avoid from scratching :If you own several watches, always keep them well apart to prevent them from scratching each other.
Adjustment of date: Do not adjust the date between 9 in the evening and 3 in the morning as this could damage the date-setting mechanism in the movement.
The table below will help you understand your watch’s water resistance properties better and protect your watch from water.
•10 m = 1 atm = hand & face washing
• 30 m = 3 atm = car washing
• 50 m = 5 atm = taking a shower
• 100 m = 10 atm = swimming
• 200 m = 20 atm = diving
• 500 m = 50 atm = professional diving
• 1000 m =100 atm = professional diving
TECHNICAL SERVICE MAINTENANCE
- Like all other micromechanical devices, your watch also needs technical maintenance by authorized staff, at least once every two years.
- Set your watch settings as shown in user manual.
- Keep in mind that battery life is 2 years.